- Project Name: Mt Morgans Gold - Civil Works
- Client: GR Engineering Services Limited
- Project Commencement Date: May 2017
- Project Completion Date: April 2018
- Project Location: North Eastern Goldfields, WA
Mt Morgan Gold
- Number of staff at peak: 150
- Volume of concrete: 4,500m³
- Tonnes of REO: 480
- The Project will consist underground and surface mining operations located approximately 30km south west of Laverton in the North Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The Westralia and Morgans underground mines are located in the Westralia area, adjacent to the historic Mt Morgans town site. The Jupiter pit surface mining operation is located approximately 17km south west of the Westralia area near the northern extremity of Lake Carey. The processing plant and supporting infrastructure will be located adjacent to the Jupiter pit area.
- The Project is accessed via the bitumen sealed Kalgoorlie to Laverton highway, with the turnoff to the Project approximately 45km before Laverton. The Westralia area is located 5km east of the highway and is accessed on an unsealed shire road. The Jupiter area is located a further 17km east along unsealed mine haul roads.
Project Scope of Works
Construction consists of:
- Detailed earthworks
- Construction of foundations, ground slabs, walls, suspended slabs, pedestals and other concrete structures/works