- Project Name: Car Dumper and Stockyards
- Client: Rio Tinto
- Project Commencement Date: September 2012
- Project Completion Date: June 2014
- EPCM: SKM
- Location: West Pilbara, WA
Cape Lambert Port B – Phase 2
- Number of staff at peak: 350
- Volume of concrete: 67,000m³
- Volume of earthwork: 340,000m³
- Tonnes of REO: 8,500m³
- The Cape Lambert Port B (353MTPA) Project compromises the construction of the second phase of the Cape Lambert Port B facility.
- The Project involved the construction of new train unloading infrastructure, stockyard, material handling facility and new ship loading facilities including an extension to the existing wharf.
- The Site is located at the Cape Lambert facility, approximately 40km north east of Karratha, Western Australia.
Project Scope of Works
Construction consists of:
- Car Dumper CD6C facility including vault structure, positioner and crane bridges, baghouse and duct support footings
- Car Dumper CD7C facility including vault structure, positioner, crane and Empty Car Line (ECL) bridges, baghouse and duct support footings
- CD6C and CD7C shared facility stormwater inflow sump and oil separator sump
- Construction of CLBB rail underpass facilities south of car dumper facilities
- Construction of screenhouse SH6 and surge bin footings
- Construction of foundations, slabs and other items for stacker ST13 and ST14, reclaimer RC13, new conveyors and new transfer stations
- Construction of stockyard dust suppression piping and buried electrical conduits
- Construction of foundations, slabs and other items for Sample Station 2 conveyors and transfers, modifications to existing conveyors and electrical substations